To help avoid some problems with your tax claim, here are some tips you can make use of.
– The first thing to do is to determine the size of your business. This is because the size will determine what tax credit you are to qualify for.
– Do not neglect tax credits. If you have grant funding, there is a chance that it can affect your claim. The thing here is whether your grant contributes to your project. However, it will also depend on what kind of grant you have.
If your grant funding has nothing to do with your project, then there will not effect to your claim at all.
– It is very important to know that there are tax credits that best suits your needs and there are those that don’t. Despite the fact that this process can be difficult, it can also provide you with advantages that can save your business. Some people would want to claim as much as they can, but having an incorrect claim is no good for you.
If you are not sure with that you are going to do, then it is best to talk with an expert.
– Losses are something that you can’t stay away from in doing business, and you have to understand and accept this. Surrendering your losses can actually give you greater return in the future years which is more profitable for your company. To get through the process more smooth, you can ask help from a tax credits experts.
– The projects you are making the claim is also essential. And when you submit the technical narrative, be sure to write all the details.
– The technical narrative you write should be as impressive as possible. Use this as your chance to tell them that you have made some R&D to solve technical uncertainties.
You don’t have to make it lengthy. Keeping it clear and simple would do. You have to make sure that the HRMC will be able to understand what you are talking about. And, write every important details on it.
– Be sure that your claim size goes along with your technical narrative. Again, you don’t have to write a several pages for your narrative, but include all the necessary details.
– The last thing that you should do is to carefully go through your claim before you file. Be sure that your computations go well with your tax computations, P&L and CT600. All the costs should be consistent and match with each other.
With these tips mentioned above, you will have an easier time to prepare and go through your R&D tax credits claim.